Edgecomb & Associates, Inc. will advise you on the design and construction of your building project by making available our time, talents, knowledge and experience. Basic Services will typically include Architectural Design and normal Structural, Electrical, Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning Engineering.
Edgecomb & Associates, Inc. can employ various consultants as may be required for specific or special functions of your building. Edgecomb & Associates, Inc. Basic Services are divided into the following six phases:
Schematic Design Phase (SD)
- Review client's requirements for the project.
- Counsel on general plan and design of the project to suit client's needs.
- Prepare schematic design studies illustrating the scope of the project and its relationship to the site and adjacent structures and submit these studies for the client's approval.
- Assist the client in determining the compatibility of the project needs and his budget.
Design Development Phase (DD)
- Prepared from approved Schematic Design Studies, the Design Development Documents consist of additional drawings and specifications which begin to establish the size and character of the project. Included in these documents are the materials; structural, mechanical and electrical systems and other essential elements that are appropriate to the overall design.
Construction Documents Phase (CD)
- Prepared from the approved Design Development Documents, these are the complete working drawings and specifications describing in detail the work to be done to construct the project.
- Prepare necessary bidding information.
Permitting Phase (PM)
- Assist the client in filing the proper document and securing the necessary approvals of governmental or other agencies having jurisdiction over the project.
Bidding or Negotiation Phase (BN)
- Assist the client in securing bids or negotiated proposals for construction based upon the construction documents.
- Assist the client in evaluating proposals and furnish the client's attorneys with information for preparing and awarding the construction contract(s).
Administration of the Construction Contract during the Construction Phase (CA)
- Provide administration of the construction contract as may be require by the contract or client.
- Make periodic visits to the site to determine that the work is proceeding in accordance with the contract documents.
- Based upon visits to the site and the contractor's application for payment, Edgecomb & Associates, Inc. will issue certificates recommending payment by the client to the contractor for work done on the project.
- Interpret the construction documents to the contractor as necessary.
- Review shop drawings and samples submitted by the contractor and approve those which comply with the requirements of the construction documents.
- Recieve from the contractor and deliver to the client all certificates of inspecting authorities; equipment operating manuals, bonds, guarantees and related documents.
- Determine the dates of substantial and final completion based upon inspections of the completed work.
Additional or Supplementary Services
- Building Programming
- Master Planning of Design and Construction
- Site/Building Analysis
- Comparative Design Studies for Buildings and Sitework
- Pro-Forma Packages for Lenders
- Damage/Repair Assessments
- Renderings and Models
Code and Zoning Research and "Variance" Consultation
- Standard (SBC), Uniform (UBC) and National Building Codes (BOCA)
- Applicable City, County, State and Federal Codes
- Zoning: Setbacks, easements, landuse, parking, signage, etc.
- Utility Availability Commitments, Wastewater Capacity Reservations
- Preliminary Budget Estimates
- Environmental Conservation Analysis & Design ("Green Buildings")
- Interior Design
- Procurement of Fixtures, Equipment & Furnishings
- Operating and Life Cycle Cost Analysis
Coordination with Owner's Consultants
- Civil (including plats, surveys, easement dedications, offsite utilities, etc.)
- Material Testing and Building Forensics ("Sick Home" Syndrome)
- Geotechnical Investigations ("Soil Reports")
- Fire Protection Systems - including monitoring systems
- Landscaping and Irrigation Systems
- Energy Management Systems
- Access Control, Monitoring and Security Systems
- Roofing Systems
- Computer Systems and Audio/Visual Systems
- Bid Assistance and Analysis
- Construction Management (Value Engineering, Time Quality Management, etc.)
- Warranty Inspections
- Development of Operations and Maintenance Schedules
- Energy Conservation Analysis & Design
- As-Built Documentation
- Furnishings & Equipment Inventories